Pacific Biological Station
The Pacific Biological Station (acronym: PBS) is located on Hammond Bay Road in Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada. Established in 1908, with the Rev. George William Taylor as its first director and sole employee, it is the oldest fisheries research center on the Pacific coast. Operated by Fisheries and Oceans Canada, the station forms a network with eight other scientific facilities.